The ABPI represents its members in Westminster and Whitehall, and in the devolved administrations of Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
As the voice of the research-based pharmaceutical industry in the UK, we work to improve the UK as a competitive place for the pharmaceutical industry. We do this by engaging with Government and regulators on policy issues of interest to the pharmaceutical industry.
Through partnerships and a coherent policy framework across issues relating to research, development, manufacturing, regulation, market conditions and patient access, we believe that the industry will be able to bring leading-edge treatments and technologies to patients, whilst maintaining the UK’s global leadership in life sciences.
We, therefore, meet regularly with parliamentarians from all parties to inform them about the industry and its contribution to the health and wealth of the country, as well as to provide expert input to policy discussions. We work with ministers, officials and parliamentarians across Government and the Houses of Parliament to seek ways to improve patient access to treatment and healthcare outcomes and to support a vibrant pharmaceutical industry in the UK.
We provide secretarial support to the All Party Parliamentary Group for Pharmaceutical Industry, which provides a platform for parliamentarians from all parties to explore issues and policies of common interest. The group can be found on the official parliamentary register of All Party Parliamentary Groups.
Our policy and parliamentary work includes providing briefings on policy issues, giving evidence to select committees and responding to Government consultations. You can download PDFs of the latest briefings and evidence from the ABPI below.
Policy briefings and reports
- Building trust in patient data for medical research (report of roundtable) 2014 (PDF, 161KB)
- Pharmaceutical Price Regulation Scheme (PPRS) 2014 (PDF, 54KB)
- Understanding the Pharmaceutical Regulation Scheme (PPRS) 2014 (PDF, 204KB)
- From vision to action: delivery of the Strategy for UK Life Sciences 2014 (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Delivering value to the UK: the contribution of the pharmaceutical industry to patients, the NHS and the economy 2014 (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing 2014 (PDF, 189KB)
- Life Sciences for Growth: Spending round 2013 (PDF, 494KB)
- ABPI Briefing: Trends in access to medicines 2013 (PDF, 117KB)
- ABPI Briefing: Individualised medicines 2013 (PDF, 259KB)
- Health Select Committee inquiry into public expenditure (PDF, 391KB)
For more information about the policy and parliamentary work of the ABPI, please contact email@example.com.