ABPI Cymru Wales
2 Caspian Point
Telephone: +44 (0) 870 890 4333
Email: Please use the 'Get in touch' form on the right
Find ABPI Cymru Wales on Google Maps
ABPI Cymru Wales was established in 2003 in response to the evolving distinctiveness of the health agenda in Wales. It supports the work of the ABPI Cymru Wales Industry Group (WIG), a collaboration of ABPI members with a declared interest in Wales. WIG currently has a membership of 33 ABPI member companies, including major global companies and smaller companies with a strong presence in Wales.
ABPI Cymru Wales and its member companies work in partnership with the National Assembly for Wales, Welsh Assembly Government, NHS Wales, Patient Advocacy Groups and other key stakeholders, to help address the health needs of the people of Wales. This includes formal membership of:
- The All Wales Medicines Strategy Group (AWMSG)
- TDA Partnership
- All Wales Prescribing Advisory Group
- AWMSG New Medicines Group
- Assembly’s National Institute of Social Care and Health Research.
We share a common commitment to improve the lives of the people of Wales and we work alongside healthcare professionals and patients under the strict governance arrangements of the ABPI Code of Practice. This ensures that medicines promotion and joint working with the NHS are conducted in an open, responsible and ethical way.
ABPI Cymru Wales is committed to working with our partners to support a common understanding and a shared value for new and innovative medicines.
ABPI Cymru Wales is committed to working with our partners to support a common understanding and a shared value for new and innovative medicines. Our strategy is derived from the ABPI strategy for the UK:
- Measurable increase in contribution to NI Health and Wealth through generating credible evidence that demonstrates and builds the link between access, uptake and innovation capability
- Measurable improvements in uptake and access of innovative medicines through ensuring ABPI Cymru Wales maximises opportunities presented by the new PPRS and removes current access barriers
- Development and implementation of Joint Working and Partnership projects resulting in improved patient outcomes and enhanced stakeholder relationships
- Effective, clear and transparent communication of our industry's value and contribution to society
ABPI Cymru Wales Staff
ABPI Cymru Wales is led by Dr Richard Greville, ABPI Cyrmu Wales Director, with support from Joanne Ferris, Operations Manager, and Hayley Morton, Executive Assistant.